Foundation / Corporation
GPD Group Employees' Foundation
Grants of up to $2,000 and grants of up to $15,000 to Northeast and Central Ohio nonprofits and K-12 schools in eligible counties for programs that support children with special needs and medical needs. Funding is also intended for programs that enhance the educational experience in K-12 public schools. By focusing its efforts on improving the lives of children, the Foundation is developing a long-term commitment to investing in communities in which it serves.
Public School Districts
Children and teachers in kindergarten through 12th grade, particularly those children with special needs, have benefited from being awarded money by the Foundation. Grants to provide simple things to individual teachers in individual classrooms such as books, alphabet charts, games, or supplies; educational field trips for a particular grade level in a particular school building, musical instruments, computers / laptops, or gym equipment for use by an entire school building, or money to benefit certain groups of children throughout an entire district such as special communication devices for autistic kids or the implementation of a STEM program; are all worthwhile causes and worthy of consideration for grants by the Foundation. No request should be thought of as too unique, too unusual, too small, or too large; as long as the overriding purpose and goal is to help children develop and learn.
Outside of a formal school structure, children and especially those with special needs, rely on grants to assist them in a variety of ways.…so who pays for providing a tutor for your child if he or she ends up with an extended stay at a local children’s hospital? The Foundation can award the hospital a grant for that cause. How about the funding for a local organization who buys, raises, trains, and then provides service dogs to blind or deaf children, or to those with another impairment? The Foundation can assist with that. Or even groups such as the Boys and Girls Club, Camp Invention, Special Olympics, and others; the Foundation can provide some funding to these types of organizations and their affiliated programs. The possibilities are endless – while the children’s needs are great!
GrantWatch ID#: 163724
Programming for (up to $15,000):
- Public school grade level / departments.
- Special community programs that address medical and special needs or those at-risk.
Programming for (up to $2,000):
- Classroom or project specific.
- Special community programs that address medical and special needs or those at risk.
501(c)(3) entities or public school systems in selected communities throughout Northeast or central Ohio may apply. See the prequalification quiz for a full list of eligible counties and school districts.
The GPD Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that have not been recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code unless they have an appropriate fiscal sponsor and adequate accounting procedures.
- Foundations or endowments.
- National organizations.
- Organizations that disparage or otherwise run contrary to GPD core values of family and work fulfillment or donors’ brand image.
- Public school programs or campaigns that could be funded by tax initiatives.
- Non-scholastic programs within educational institutions such as athletics, band, drill teams, booster clubs or other social associations.
- Annual campaigns.
- Administration expenses including salaries, travel and training for the general organization that are not specific to a particular project.
- Political or Issue campaigns even if focused on children.
- Charter schools
- Private schools
- Religious institutions or religious affiliated groups
- Faith-based organizations
The 2019 grant applications are available until January 11, 2019.
Decisions will be made and communicated in March 2019.
How to apply:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Prequalification quiz: http://www.gpdfoundation.org/how-we-can-help/prequalification-quiz/
Prequalified nonprofits and select public schools can apply online here:
If you have questions regarding anything in the application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPD Group Employees' Foundation
520 South Main Street, Suite 2531
Akron, Ohio 44311
USA: Ohio: Eligible Counties in the Northeast and Central region