Foundation / Corporation
Helen Diller Family Foundation
Awards of $36,000 to USA Jewish teenagers for outstanding leadership in community service. Awards will recognize teens who have demonstrated initiative in the creation of new projects or the expansion of existing projects that embody the concept of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
The Diller Family Foundation knows that supporting Jewish teen leadership today means creating and inspiring future generations of strong Jewish leaders in the global community.
- Focus is placed on candidates’ work with respect to a single project
- Candidates must have a leadership role - either creating the project or contributing to it in a way that significantly impacted it
- The project does not have to be directed at the Jewish Community
- Proven commitment to the value and practice of tikkun olam
- Demonstration of vision and creativity
- Effective development and implementation of a project or organization
- Dedication to the project over time
- Ability to impact a growing number of individuals and/or engage a growing number of individuals in the project, either as partners, participants or beneficiaries
- Ability to articulate in her/his own words the history, meaning and significance of the project, its goals, impact and potential to engage others
GrantWatch ID#: 177330
The Awards provide $36,000 for each recipient.
All Candidates must be:
- Serving in a leadership role on a project aimed at repairing the world
- Volunteering without any compensation
- Aged 13-19 on January 8, 2019
- Residents of the United States
- Self-identified as Jewish
A nominator may be any individual who knows a teen and is not a family member of the nominee.
A reference may be any individual who knows a teen and is not a family member of the applicant.
Teens who have created and co-led projects with others are welcome to apply individually for the Tikkun Olam Award. In such cases, each applicant will be considered and evaluated separately, and no more than one applicant will be chosen as an award recipient.
Teens are not eligible for the Award if they have a sibling who has received a Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Award in the preceding five years.
- To nominate: December 18, 2018
- To finalize application (application and references): January 8, 2019
Applications are open June to January. No nomination is needed to apply.
All application questions should be completed by teen applicants.
1. Online Application: Whether applying directly or accepting a nomination, all candidates must fill out an online application form focused on their volunteer leadership efforts.
2. Two Recommendations: All candidates must have two recommendations submitted on their behalf. A nomination counts as a recommendation, so nominated teens need only submit one additional recommendation. Any non-family member may submit a recommendation. Ideal references are people who know the candidate and project well and can speak about both.
All applicants will be notified of the results of the 2019 Awards in late June.
Applicants and nominees will automatically receive status updates as submissions are made on their behalf.
For additional information: http://www.dillerteenawards.org/about/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit a nomination: http://www.dillerteenawards.org/nominate/
To submit a recommendation: http://www.dillerteenawards.org/recommendation/
To apply: http://www.dillerteenawards.org/apply/
Erica Aren, Program Director
Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming