Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in eligible states for financial literacy programs benefiting communities in which the funding source has a business presence. Funding is intended to support programs that teach sound financial practices, with tips, tools, and resources geared toward assisting families, small businesses, and individuals. Eligible states include Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Priority is given to those projects which:
- Provide direct service to low- or moderate-income populations.
- Are one year in duration.
- Demonstrate a plan for long-term sustainability and potential to be replicated.
- Are focused on addressing a specific unmet need or issue.
GrantWatch ID#: 168199
Priority is given to projects that are one year in duration.
Contributions are made only to qualified, federal tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code. Contributions are restricted to nonprofit organizations serving local residents in areas in which the bank has a branch presence.
Citizens Bank does not fund organizations which discriminate based on Age, Race, Color, Sex, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Family, Status, Receipt of Public Assistance, or Sexual Orientation.
In addition, Citizens Bank generally does not support:
- Annual appeals/general operating support
- Single disease/issue information and research organizations
- Religious organizations, including restoration of church buildings
- Labor, fraternal and veterans organizations (including fraternal orders of police/firefighters)
- Political organizations or projects
- Operating deficits
- Governmental and quasi-governmental public agencies or organizations
- Trips and tours, including transportation costs
- Payment on bank loans (including loans from Citizens Bank)
- Private Foundations or Trusts
- Historic preservation
- Public or private education institutions
Applications will be accepted online through 12/31/18, and winners will be notified in March 2019.
For general application questions or questions related to the content of your submission, please email Kimberly Bartlett-Manisene.
For more information about Citizens Bank funding: https://www.citizensbank.com/community/contributions.aspx
About Citizens Bank: https://investor.citizensbank.com/about-us/our-company.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To register and apply online:
For questions, contact:
For any questions on the application process, or your password, please contact the Corporate Giving office at email@example.com.
For technical assistance, including login creation and password resets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens Bank Corporate Headquarters:
One Citizens Plaza
Providence, RI 02903
USA: Connecticut; Delaware; Massachusetts; Michigan; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; Vermont